Buy the Book – The Promise
To find or order in the United States:
To find or order in the UK:
- The Glovemaker is the 2020 WILLA Literary Award Winner in Historical Fiction.
- The Glovemaker is one of two finalists for the 2019 David J. Langum Prize in American Historical Fiction.
- The Glovemaker is one of four finalists for the 2019 Association for Mormon Letters Novel Prize.
- The Glovemaker is one of two finalists for the 2020 Western Writers of America Spur Award for Best Western Historical Novel.
- Ann's third novel, The Glovemaker, was released in February 2019 by Mantle/Pan Macmillan in the United Kingdom, Skyhorse Publishing in the United States, and Nagel & Kimche in Germany.
- The Glovemaker was published by Neri Pozza in Italy in July 2019. The Personal History of Rachel DuPree is forthcoming.
-Viola Davis's JuVee Productions options the film rights for The Personal History of Rachel DuPree.
"The Glovemaker, Ann Weisgarber’s engrossing, troubling, honest-to-goodness third novel, is as stark and touching as the lives described, as tense and testing as the Utah backlands where it’s set, as fine as any fiction you will read this year.”
-Jim Crace, author of The Melody and Harvest.
"Set against the worst natural disaster in twentieth century American history, The Promise is a riveting tale, told in lean luminous prose, of the power of love and the frailty of the human condition.(Weisgarber’s) characters will live in your imagination long after you've turned the last deeply moving page.”
- Ellen Feldman,
author of Next to Love, Scottsboro, The Boy Who Loved Anne Frank, and Lucy.
"An indelibly affecting teaching story: How unchecked selfish desires, regardless of their origins in historical cruelty and deprivation, lead inevitably to suffering. A suffering that can be alleviated only by the realization of a pure love for others greater than one's desires for self. Rachel and Isaac DuPree and their tiny, vulnerable family stand as monuments to the forgotten millions of brutal, spirit deforming choices made and endured by so many brave and deeply wounded Americans."
author of The Color Purple
©Copyright 2013 Ann Weisgarber. All Rights Reserved Created by SmartAuthorSItes.com ... Websites for Authors.